1. Project Location: Houston, Texas
2. Diameter of line, sewer pipe material (RCP, MCIP, brick, etc.), length of rehab portion: 17' x 12' x 53'9" CAST-IN-PLACE
3. When was it constructed and how long has it been in service: This new diversion box was installed in 2017 as part of a larger project that extended over 3 miles to the Upper Brays Sewer. The diversion box will serve for future line inspection, maintenance and cleaning. The overall porject was contracted at approx. $8.8 Million.
4. Method used: Danby Panel Lok III-E Panels to create a cast-in-place box structure.
5. Contractor/Installer: Boyer, Inc.
6. Method of flow bypass or diversion, if used: A combination of bypassing flow through plugs and pump diversion was used to gain access to the tunnel.
7. Depth: Diversion box was a finished ID of 53'9"
8. Ventilation and odor control used: Forced natural air w/ exhaust throughout the 108" adjoining tunnel during project.
9. Construction cost: $684,000
10. Month and year of start-up and end of construction: September 2016 thru August 2017.
11. Problems encountered during construction: None
12. Problems encountered after construction: None
13. Health and safety: Used conventional confined space entry program and trench shoring.
14. Has any re-inspection been performed? What was the condition of the pipe? Yes, the structure was in perfect condition.