1. Project Location: 1900 Block of Probandt Street, San Antonio, TX.
2. Diameter of line, sewer pipe material (RCP, MCIP, brick, etc.), length of rehab portion: 58”/60”/66” RCP Sewer; lengths 110’/20’/524’; severe corrosion in crown.
3. When was it constructed and how long has it been in service: Unknown
4. Rehab method used: Danby Panel Lok III (spirally wound) with full annulus grouting with cementitious grout with minimum compressive strength of 5000 psi.
5. Cleaning method used (if required) and who cleaned the line: High pressure (3,000 - 10,000 psi) water blasting performed by the Danby licensee (Kinsel Industries Inc.).
6. Method of flow bypass or diversion, if used: Flows 100% diverted during work day, but reinstated during non-work periods.
7. Depth of pipe: 15 feet.
8. Depth of ground water: 10 feet.
9. Ventilation and odor control used: Fresh air pumped into pipe past upstream air dam; maintained sealed lids during non-work periods, and adequate ventilation to carry odors downstream during the work periods.
10. Construction cost (total amount and cost per foot): Unknown (to Danby LLC).
11. Month and year of start-up and end of construction: August 1999-September 1999.
12. Problems encountered during construction: None
13. Problems encountered after construction: None.
14. Health and safety: Used conventional confined space entry program.
15. Has any re-inspection been performed? What was the condition of the pipe? No.
Mr. Jeffrey J. Haby, P.E., Project Engineer
San Antonio Water System, SAWS Project No. 99-3528